Teachers carve a significant influence on the minds of children. No matter how old you are and how…The post Nursery Teacher Training Course appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Teachers carve a significant influence on the minds of children. No matter how old you are and how much experience you have gained, you would still look up to your teachers with high respect and regard because they have played a crucial role in moulding the way you see life. Elementary education is the first step of a child’s journey towards learning and that’s why to become an elementary teacher, you need to gain a specific set of skills that can help you patiently deal with toddlers and their curious strife towards learning. If you have always been good at managing young kids and want to pursue a career in Teaching, then a Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) course might be the right one for you. This program imparts students with several teaching techniques and parameters so that they can make learning a fun process for toddlers. Through this blog, we will elaborate on some of the major features of a Nursery Teacher Training course, the top universities you can pursue it from and the career scope you can avail.
|Name of Course||Nursery Teacher Training Course|
|Duration of Course||1 year|
|Type of Course||Full-time or Correspondence/distance|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Average Fee||INR 5,000 to INR 25,000|
Must Read: Teacher Training Courses
In a Nursery Teacher Training course, the candidates are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to facilitate the pedagogy of children belonging to the nursery or sometimes pre-primary. Several techniques focusing on the cognitive, physical and social development of a young child are incorporated into the program. Further, the academic disciplines under Nursery Teach Training include child psychology, cognitive development and classroom management.
Why Study Nursery Teacher Training Course?
Some of the main aspects of studying the NTT course are mentioned below.
- First, and foremost, the NTT course is a great medium for students to avail themselves of several employment opportunities in the career field of education. With over a thousand preschools in every metro city, the scope of job opportunities only increases for students.
- There also comes a level of job satisfaction once one immerses themselves in the role of being a teacher, which can be possible through the NTT course.
- Entrepreneurship opportunities are another aspect of NTT that you can avail of after completing the course, for the chance of undertaking franchises of different preschools can be yours once you meet all their conditions.
Nursery Teacher Training Course: Syllabus
As there are several variants of Nursery Teacher Training Courses, the syllabus and curriculum perused might vary from one university to another. Some of the commonly taught subjects under this program include,
|Syllabus for the 1-year NTT course|
|Child Care and Health|
|Basics of the pre-primary education|
|History and Philosophy of pre-primary Education|
|Nursery school organizations, Child Health, and Nutrition and Community|
|Practical: Viva Voice|
|Practical: Arts and Crafts|
Moreover, along with the above-mentioned disciplines, you will also get to know about an array of interactive learning methods tailored for teaching young children. Many universities have also incorporated a wide range of methods into the Nursery Teaching Training courses that focus integrally on imparting students the knowledge of using technology to make learning fun for young kids.
Must Read: Career Objective for Teacher
Top Universities Offering Programs in Nursery Teacher Training
Generally, academic institutions offer comprehensive teaching courses that focus on providing students with varied knowledge of different education levels, be it primary, secondary or senior secondary. However, there are numerous universities that offer specialised Nursery Teaching Training programs and their popular variants and some of these institutions have been listed in the table below.
|Name of the University||Courses||Duration||Level|
|The University of Derby,|
|Early years with Early|
|Bachelor of Education|
|The University of|
|Primary Education||10 months||Master’s|
|The University of Idaho,|
|B.S.Ed. in Elementary|
|The University of North|
|Early Years Teaching||34 weeks||PG certificate|
|Early Year Teacher|
|University College of|
|Early Years Initial|
|University of East|
|Edge Hill University,|
|Working and Teaching|
in the Early Years-BA
There are many colleges in India that offer Nursery Teacher Training Courses, either as full-time courses or as part-time correspondence courses. Some of them are mentioned below.
|Name of Institution||Type of Course|
|Bharatiya Shiksha Parishad, UP||Full-Time|
|Delhi Institute of Early Childhood Care and Education||Full-Time|
|Universal Group of Institutions, Punjab||Full-Time|
|Imperial Institute of Management, Mumbai||Correspondence|
|Bhavan’s Nursery Teacher Training College, Kerala||Full-Time|
|Jamia Milia Islamia||Full-Time|
|Wisdom School of Management, UP||Full-Time|
|YBN University, Jharkhand||Full-Time|
|Capital University, Jharkhand||Full-Time|
|North East Frontier Technical University, Arunachal Pradesh||Full-Time|
Entrance Exams for NTT Course
To gain admission to this programme, institutes hold their own entrance tests. Admission is based on the grades gained in the entrance exam as well as the scores obtained in the Class 12th examinations. Some teaching exams for NTT Exams are listed below:
Nursery Teacher Training Course: Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria to pursue the nursery teacher training course are mentioned below.
- The candidates should have completed education at 10+2 level with a minimum aggregate of 50% in any stream.
- The student should have completed the aforementioned education from a recognised board.
- There is no age limit to apply for this course.
- Furthermore, the student can prepare for and attempt various entrance examinations particular to a specific university to get admission.
Must Read: TTC Course 2022
Nursery Teacher Training Course: Skillset
Some of the most important skills that the NTT course teaches students are mentioned below.
- A caring and friendly attitude towards students
- Patience in Class
- Eye for Detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and interest
- Leadership skills
- Time-management skills
- Compartmentalising skills
Roles and Responsibilities of a Nursery Teacher
A Nursery Teacher’s regular tasks, obligations, and responsibilities are as follows:
- To plan intriguing and engaging activities that encourage children’s learning and involvement.
- Creating meaningful and appealing teaching aids for a variety of topics and concepts.
- Coordination and execution of various activities in collaboration with co-teachers and support staff.
- Arranging every corner and wall in the classroom with cut-outs, flashcards, student work, and so on.
- Supervising children during unstructured and structured play.
- Evaluating and documenting the child’s growth in each area, and communicating any concerns or delays to parents.
- Reporting on each child’s progress to parents on a regular basis.
Cost of Nursery Teacher Training Course
Though it depends on the type of course, be it corresponding/distance or a full-time course, as well as on the institute, we have shared an average of the NTT training fees below.
|Average Fees||INR 5,000 to INR 25,000|
NTT Course Duration
- The Diploma in Nursery Teacher Training Course (NPTT) takes one year to complete.
- The PG Diploma in Nursery Teacher Training Course takes two years to complete.
The Vidhyanidhi Education Society offers a quick course completion option. If you want to finish the course faster than the time limit, you can use the fast-track mode.
Must Read: Teaching-Learning Material
The NTT course allows students a range of opportunities and job profiles that they can go after in the journey of setting their career path. Students can further their education in this field to avail of better opportunities or continue with finding job profiles such as nursery teachers, home tutors, etc.
Jobs and Salary
Below we have further talked about the job profiles, accompanied by their salary prospects.
|Name of Job||Average Salary|
|Home Tutors||INR 3 lakh to 4 lakh|
|Nursery Teacher||INR 2 lakh to INR 3 lakh|
|B.Ed Teacher||INR 2 lakh to INR 3 lakh|
|Pre-primary school teacher||INR 2 lakh to INR 3 lakh|
The top recruiters of a graduate of the NTT course are listed below.
- Step by Step
- Shemrock Play Schools
- KIDZEE Play School
- Vruksha Montessori
- British Kids School
- BACHPAN (Play School)
- The Tree House (Play School)
Higher Education Options After NTT Course
After finishing a Certificate in NTT Course, an ambitious teacher can complete his/her graduation while working.
They can pursue the following higher education options after graduating from any stream:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teacher Education
- Education Diploma (D.Ed.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (B.Ed.)
- Education Master’s Degree (M.Ed.)
- Take the NET or SET exam.
Must Read: List of Top BEd Exams 2023
Q1. What if the full form of NTT?
Ans. The full form of NTT is Nursery Teacher Training, which is a course of 1 year.
Q2. Is NTT worth it?
Ans. Yes, NTT is certainly worth it for it delivers several opportunities to students.
Q3. Which course is best for nursery teachers?
Ans. NTT or Nursery Teacher Training course is one of the best for nursery teachers.
Hence, teaching is a highly responsible as well as rewarding profession that demands individuals who can inspire and encourage young minds to become the best version of themselves. By pursuing a Nursery Teacher Training course, you will get to know about the methodologies incorporated in the domain of elementary and primary education and help children soar through the first stage of their academic journey. If you are planning to study a course in Teaching and don’t know where to start, take the help of Leverage Edu’s AI tool to browse through an array of teaching programs and find the right one that suits your interests and career preferences. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session and realise yourstudy abroaddreams and ambitions
NPTT course stands for Nursery and Primary Teacher Training. This course makes aspiring teachers eligible for teaching in preschool and primary sections. Vidhyanidhi Education Society (VES) offers NPTT course it is one of the topmost teacher training institute in India.How do you ace a preschool teacher interview? ›
Focus on what makes teaching preschool children unique, and what makes you awesome at it. You could share some insights about the importance of early literacy development, or how you enjoy working with children that are always curious and eager to learn more about their surroundings.What questions are asked at a preschool teacher interview? ›
- Tell me about yourself.
- Describe your work ethic.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- What's your biggest passion?
- What's your greatest accomplishment?
- How do you handle conflict at work?
- How do you define and measure success?
A: The NTT training fees are usually within the range of INR 5,000-25,000 for a year. Fees are different for different institutes.Which online class is best for nursery? ›
Little Laureates— Building Strong Learning Foundation
If you are looking for the best online preschool, then your search is over. Little Laureates is the first digital preschool in India, with more than 2000 students across the country.
- Convey your passion for teaching and students. ...
- Research the school. ...
- Discuss professional development. ...
- Focus on your students more than yourself. ...
- Be engaging in the conversation. ...
- Plan to tell stories about challenges and successes with students. ...
- Be ready to discuss your teaching philosophy.
- Be Knowledgeable. The last thing that you want to happen during an interview is to not have an answer to a question. ...
- Research Educational Buzzwords. ...
- Practice Answering Potential Questions. ...
- 5 REALISTIC Ways for Teachers to Get Healthier This Year.
Sample Answer: The most important qualities for a successful nursery assistant are patience, creativity, flexibility, and the ability to build relationships with both children and adults. Nurseries can be hectic places, so it's important to be able to remain calm under pressure.What to expect at a nursery interview? ›
Why do you want to work in the Early Years? What skills do you have that you think could help when working with babies and children? How do you work as part of a team? Can you explain how you would keep children safe in the nursery?How to introduce yourself in an interview as nursery teacher? ›
Tell me about yourself.
It's typically appropriate to restate your name, certifications, and your educational background. Discuss any teaching experience you have and make sure you specify why you want to work for their school specifically.
Good Pre-K teacher candidates will be highly enthusiastic about working with young children. Be wary of candidates with low energy levels, as this role requires someone who can effectively handle a classroom of demanding, exuberant personalities.How do you handle misbehavior in the classroom? ›
- Be steady, consistent and firm.
- Acknowledge the feelings of the individual.
- Remember that disruptive behavior is often caused by stress or frustration.
Focus on what makes teaching preschool children unique, and what makes you awesome at it. You could share some insights about the importance of early literacy development, or how you enjoy working with children that are always curious and eager to learn more about their surroundings.Why should we hire you as a preschool teacher? ›
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your strong work ethic and dedication to students. Your innovative and enthusiastic approach to teaching. Your passion for helping students learn and grow.Which course is best for teacher? ›
Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) is a postgraduate course that is necessary for becoming a teacher at the secondary or higher secondary level. B. Ed course can also be pursued after completion of the postgraduate course.How do I become a nursery teacher in USA? ›
Earn an associate's or bachelor's degree in early childhood education. Complete a student teaching internship in a preschool classroom. If required, take the state's tests for preschool teacher certification and apply for a teaching certificate. Begin applying to open preschool teacher positions.How much does time to teach training cost? ›
What does it take to be a successful trainer? How much is tuition for the Time To Teach training? $675.00.What is the easiest class to teach? ›
- Math. Math is a subject that is mainly conceptual. ...
- Physical Education. If you're like most people, you probably dreaded having to go to gym class when you were in school. ...
- Art. ...
- Music. ...
- Science. ...
- Health. ...
- Spelling. ...
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention defines the preschool age range as being between three and five years old. However, there are no hard and fast rules. Some preschools enroll children at three years old; others take children at four. The average starting age is between three and four.Which age is best for nursery class? ›
The admission criteria for pre-schools is 1.5-2.5 years for pre-nursery, 2.5-3.5 years for nursery, 3.5-4.5 years for LKG, and 4.5-5.5 years for UKG. This age is appropriate for foundation.”
So as a recap, the four answers that you can give when being asked, what are your greatest weaknesses, are, I focus too much on the details, I've got a hard time saying no sometimes, I've had trouble asking for help in the past, and I have a hard time letting go of a project.How long is a teacher interview? ›
What to expect from your teaching interview day. Panel interviews or traditional Q&As: these usually last for 30–45 minutes with the head teacher, a governor and a classroom teacher or head of department.What are the 7 most common interview questions and answers pdf? ›
- Where do you see yourself in five years time? ...
- What are your strengths/weaknesses? ...
- Why should I hire you? ...
- Tell me about yourself/your work experience. ...
- Why do you want this job? ...
- What are your salary expectations? ...
- Why are you the right fit to succeed in this role?
They do their homework, learn all they can about the school or district, and prepare for the interview like an athlete prepares for competition. Some of the qualities interviewers are looking for in a candidate are competence, confidence, enthusiasm, coherence, thoughtfulness, and perhaps a sense of humor.Do I need to bring anything to a teaching interview? ›
Bring a few hard copies of your most recent resume with you. It's important to bring enough for multiple interviewers and one for yourself to use as a reference. If you tailored your resume for this specific job, be sure to bring the same resume you submitted during the application process.What is the most important thing in a nursery classroom? ›
One of the most important things every playschool must-have is the reading and learning setup. Allowing toddlers to discover letters, words, picture books, and storybooks makes learning fun and is the best way to create quality classrooms.What is the most important thing in a nursery? ›
The most important piece of furniture in the nursery is the crib. A crib is made to the highest specifications and is the safest sleep environment possible for your baby. There are many different designs to choose from and you can easily find a crib at every budget point.How should I dress for a nursery interview? ›
Dress smart and tidily, with no jeans or trainers. We'd suggest some dark trousers and a smart top. Your hair needs to be tied back and no long and painted nails. Most interviews will require you to have a play session within the nursery rooms, therefore, wear something comfortable that you can move around in.How do I pass my childcare interview? ›
- Dress professionally. ...
- Be prepared with interview materials. ...
- Prepare for interview questions. ...
- Prepare a list of questions. ...
- Determine where you're going. ...
- Get to the interview early. ...
- Research the daycare.
Can you tell me a bit about yourself? Your interviewer may ask this question to learn more about you as a person. Keep your answer relatively brief, but include information about what makes you unique. You might refer to your hobbies, volunteer work and background.
What are your weaknesses? - Do not talk about your personal qualities as a weakness, keep it professional such as being too critical, attempting to please everyone, unfamiliar with the software, miss out on small details etc.Why should we hire you? ›
“I should be hired for this role because of my relevant skills, experience, and passion for the industry. I've researched the company and can add value to its growth. My positive attitude, work ethics, and long-term goals align with the job requirements, making me a committed and valuable asset to the company.”How do you answer what motivates you? ›
- learning new things.
- acquiring new skills.
- meeting deadlines, goals and targets.
- coaching others.
- improving processes, finding ways to solving problems.
- leading a team or being a part of a team.
- completing a difficult project.
- overcoming challenges.
Example: “Ever since I volunteered to participate in educational activities for children at my local library, I have wanted to help take care of children. I see the potential of being a positive influence in their lives and helping them learn in an age-appropriate manner.”Why am I interested in this position teaching? ›
"I want to become a teacher so that I can make a real difference in children's lives. I take the task of developing young people into kind, thoughtful and contributing adults very seriously. I have always been so grateful to my teachers and the educational system for making me the person that I am today.What are the top five attributes that an effective preschool teacher should have? ›
- Patience. Full of curiosity and excitement, and eager to learn, touch, and do, little kids can be impulsive and reactive. ...
- Passion for Teaching. ...
- Love for Young Children. ...
- Caring and Compassion. ...
- Flexibility. ...
- Empathy. ...
- Creativity. ...
Include your unique abilities working with children
For instance, if you're "exuberant and outgoing," explain how this helps you relate to kids. If you're "quiet and reserved," explain how this helps you make rational decisions, even during stressful situations.
There are lots of great techniques for quieting a noisy classroom that don't involve your vocal cords. Try ringing a bell or a doorbell, playing music, clapping your hands, or turning over a rainstick. Train your students to recognize the sound as a signal to turn off their voices and turn their attention to you.How do you respond to a rude student? ›
Take a trauma-informed approach. Rather than blaming and accusing the student for their behavior, take a step back and consider that they are struggling in some way. Even if we don't know the reasons for the struggles, it's helpful to have empathy always. Be consistent with expectations.How do you deal with a stubborn child in the classroom? ›
- Keep a calm, organized classroom.
- Minimize distractions and stimulation.
- Keep a consistent routine.
- Keep communication simple.
- Prepare for upcoming transitions and changes.
- Anticipate difficulties and avoid them if possible.
Patience, passion, flexibility, creativity, and compassion are only a few of the ways to describe the qualified teachers in Cadence's nurturing early learning environments.Why do you want this job? ›
Talk about specific examples of how you can help this company achieve their goals and highlight any relevant transferrable skills that will make you stand out as the right candidate. Write down any recent achievements you can talk about or any challenges you've faced recently that might be related to this new job.What is the best way to motivate students? ›
- Become a role model for student interest. ...
- Get to know your students. ...
- Use examples freely. ...
- Use a variety of student-active teaching activities. ...
- Set realistic performance goals. ...
- Place appropriate emphasis on testing and grading. ...
- Be free with praise and constructive in criticism.
- Track your stressors. Keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them. ...
- Develop healthy responses. ...
- Establish boundaries. ...
- Take time to recharge. ...
- Learn how to relax. ...
- Talk to your supervisor. ...
- Get some support.
Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) is a postgraduate course that is necessary for becoming a teacher at the secondary or higher secondary level. B. Ed course can also be pursued after completion of the postgraduate course.Which certification is best for teaching? ›
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) ...
- Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) ...
- Child Development Associate (CDA) ...
- First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor. ...
- Educational Certificate: K-12 (Ed:) ...
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) ...
- Certificate to Teach English as a Foreign Language (CTEFL)
- Rewarding Work Experience. ...
- Discounted Childcare. ...
- Health Insurance. ...
- 401K and Life Insurance. ...
- Good Work-Life Balance. ...
- Preschool Teacher. ...
- Preschool Teacher Assistant.
10 Easiest Subjects to Teach
- Math. Math is a subject that is mainly conceptual. ...
- Physical Education. ...
- Art. ...
- Music. ...
- Language Arts. ...
- Science. ...
- Health. ...
If you already have a bachelor's degree, you may be able to become a teacher in just one year by enrolling in a master's in education programs for non-teachers with a licensure track.Which teachers are most in demand? ›
Which teaching subject is most in demand? While specific needs vary by institution, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) are subjects that are always in high demand.
Some qualities of a good teacher include skills in communication, listening, collaboration, adaptability, empathy and patience. Other characteristics of effective teaching include an engaging classroom presence, value in real-world learning, exchange of best practices and a lifelong love of learning.What is the highest certification in education? ›
The highest award a student can earn for graduate study. The doctor's degree classification includes such degrees as Doctor of Education (Ed.
- Strengthens your practice.
- Helps your students succeed.
- Demonstrates your leadership skills.
- Helps expand your influence and expertise.
- Opens doors for career advancement.
- Provides portability.
The DfE impact study shows that 2-year-olds benefit most if they receive early education and care for an absolute minimum of 10 hours per week by the age of two.What is taught in preschool? ›
Preschools teach the basics to kids, giving them a strong foundation for the elementary years. This includes academic concepts of literacy and math, such as counting, coloring, and letter recognition and developing large and fine motor skills, such as walking in a line and using a pencil.What age is an infant? ›
Infants (0-1 year of age)What are the disadvantages of being a preschool teacher? ›
- Can be physically demanding due to the amount of time spent on the floor with children.
- High stress levels, as safety and well-being of children is a top priority.
- Possibility of burnout due to long hours and emotional intensity of the job.